Support for all Project Package Contracts as directed by the Contract Manager. To provide a professional contract engineering service, the SCE must pay particular attention to ensure that project procedures are strictly followed so that no contention can be raised at a later date. The SCE shall also keep the Project Manager, the Project Director, the Contract Manager and the SCE fully appraised of all developments that may impact the successful delivery of the Project Contracts. Where necessary the SCE shall liaise and work with other functions within the Project Services Team (e.g. planning, cost control, document management, etc) to assist the successful delivery of the Project Package Contracts.
Balakong & Various project location
Pre-Contract – (up to contract award)
- Preparation of Call for Tender documentation and specific Tender and Tender Evaluation Procedures in line with Company procedures;
- The administration of the tendering process including preparation and issuanc of communication documentation with Tenderers, organisation of tender clarification meetings, organisation of tender correspondence and filing, etc
- Liaising with the relevant Engineer in Charge on technical issues to ensure that these are incorporated into the tender process;
- Validation of Tenderer compliance with Bid Bond, Bank Statements, Insurance and Parent Company Guarantee requirements and the like;
- Evaluation of contractual proposals and assisting in evaluation of technical and commercial proposals where applicable (including the preparation and/or reviewof the minutes of meetings);
- Assist in the preparation of the Technical Recommendation Report and the Recommendation to Award;
- Assisting in the preparation of final contract documents and obtain signatures for execution of the contract;
- Assisting in the close out of the Pre-contract phase (e.g. notification of unsuccessful Tenderers, storage of tender documentation and correspondence, etc).
Post-Contract – (from contract award to contract closeout)
- Analyse requests for change orders, and prepare change order documents for validation by the Senior Contract Engineer where appropriate;
- Review contractual certificates, guarantees, bonds and insurances required under the Contract for compliance and their issuance in due time;
- Prepare for validation by the Senior Contract Engineer certificates to be issued to Contractor by Company in accordance with the contract;
- Assist in the coordination of the processing of Contractor’s monthly applications for payment, and reviewing invoice submissions;
- Prepare contract closeout documentation in line with Company procedures.
- Candidate must possess at least Degree in Quantity Survey/Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in handling contracts development and management in the oil and gas industry including developing contracting strategies, execution of contract up to close-out / post award contract management.
- Professional qualification is an added advantage and may be waived subject to experience.
- Sound knowledge of contractual terms & conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
- Knowledge of EPCC / EPCI/ EPCIC/ plant construction/mechanical & piping Work type of fabrication works is a must.
- Experience in coordinating a contracts team on multiple projects across multiple locations.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate ( (MS Office, MS Project, etc,)
- Good Negotiation, Communication, Managing Interface, Planning & Organizing