To implement and continually improve the HSE Management System effectively and efficiently to ensure a safe workplace, i.e. without LTI
HQ, PLAZA SENTRAL
- To manage WZSMS management system effectively and efficiently by ensuring a safety and healthy work culture.
- To gain an understanding of the client's needs and legal requirements and communicate them to the teams
- To develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- To prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health & safety
- To make aware and train staff on the occupational safety and health management system
- To monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- To ensure compliance with internal policies, relevant agreements and legal and regulatory requirement, i.e. OSH Act and Regulations, Factories and Machinery Act, Environmental Quality (Schedules Waste) Regulations 2005
- To ensure project hazards management are identified and managed to reliably achieve its objectives under uncertainty
- To ensure optimization of HSE manpower planning
- To ensure competency of project HSE team with regards to work processes and controls, and compliance to policies and procedures
- To monitor activities during tender and project phases for compliance with contractual requirements.
- To conduct QHSE management system internal and external audits
- To inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- To investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and hanle worker's compensation claims
- To recomment solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- To report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Any other reasonable assigned duties from time to time
- Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent
- Ten (10) years experience in HSE
- Eight (8) years as SHO
- Possess valid green book which registered with JKKP (DOSH)
- Lead auditor in ISO 45001
- Competent First Aider and Fire Warden will be added advantage
- Knowledge in working at heights and confined space
- Knowledge in behavioral based safety is an added advantage
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with integrity, firm and bold, self- motivated
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
Must be willing to work in HQ, Plaza Sentral, KL. Immediate vacancy.